Part 2 Phonetics, Vocabulary and Gramma
I. Choose the best answer(选择最恰当的答案)(共25分)
26. Margaret said studying English helped her get the prize. Which of the following is correct for the underlined word?
A. /prɪz/ B. /praɪz/ C. /prɪs/ D. /praɪs/
27. At least five people were killed, including a police officer and his attacker, in a terrorist attack(恐怖袭击) in London March 22.
A. in B. for C. on D. at
28. There was food in the fridge. It was nearly empty.
A. little B. a little C. a few D. few
29. They think my ways of studying English are different from .
A. you B. your C. yourself D. yours
30. There has been rain this autumn.
A. too many B. too much C. much too D. too few
31. The restaurant is always quite busy because it customers both delicious food and good services.
A. provide B. makes C. helps D. offers
32. useful advice you've already given me!
A. What B. What a C. What an D. How
33. Don't talk so loudly. Your father .
A. sleeps B. is sleeping C. slept D. had slept
34. His ambition is a director when he graduates from university.
A. to become B. became C. become D. becomes
35. Kity,'s mother wondered .
A. how much did the new iphone 7plus cost B. how much will the new iphone 7plus cost
C. how much the new iphone 7plus cost D. how much the new iphone 7plus will cost
36. All passengers go through safety check before they lake a plane.
A. can B. may C. must D. ought
37. The egss will go bad soon in such hot weather they are put in the fridge.
A. although B.because C. if D. unless
38. The engineer that we invited last week has knowledge experience. We all respect him.
A. not only,but also B. neither,nor C. not,but D. either or
39.A: Richard didn’t manage to get a ticket for Taylor Swift’s concert.
A. Me too. B. What a pity! C. I am glad to hear that. D. That sounds great.
40. Mike studies than his classmates on English.
A. hardly B. more hardly C. hard D. harder
41. They came to China to learn Chinese its culture.
A. as much as B. as many as C. as far as D. as well as
42. Father warned his son until the typhoon passed.
A. go outdoor B. not go outdoors C. to go outdoors D. not to go outdoors
43. important electricity is in our life!
A. How B. What C. What a D. What an
44. I would like to be a salesman because I am meeting different people.
A. interested in B. careful with C. connected to D. good for
45. We can't see electricity it is invisible.
A. if B. when C. because D. although
46. Arthur asked me I didn't take part in the meeting.
A. that B. what C. when D. why
47. If it tomorrow, we will have a picnic in the park.
A. will rain B. rains C. won’t rain D. doesn't rain
48. They a new theatre in the city centre at the moment and soon we can enjoy concerts there.
A. will build B. build C. are building D. built
49. A: Sorry for keeping you waiting for me so long.
A. That's all right B. All right C. You are all right D. You're welcome.
50.—You look so busy. Anything I can do to help?
A. No, thanks. I'm OK B. Please don't say so
C. Never mind D. You are welcome
II. Complete the following passage with the words or phrases in the box. Each can only be used once(将下列单词或词组填入空格,每词只能填一次)(共6分)
A. larger B. so C. seconds D. nothing
E. in danger F. hit G. in surprise
Two tourists were out in the fields when they saw a well(井) near an old farmhouse. They were curious (好奇的), 51 they dropped a small stone into the well, but they never heard it 52 the bottom.
They searched and found a 53 rock and dropped it into the well, but once again
heard 54 . They decided to look for something larger.
After a long search, they found a large railroad tie(铁路枕木), and dropped it down. After
several 55 , a goat rushed over and dived(跳水) head first into the well. The two tourists stood 56 silently. Soon after, a farmer came over and told them he was looking for a lost goat. The tourists told the farmer about the goat diving into the well.
"That couldn't be my goat, "the farmer replied"My goat was in the field tied to a railroad tie!"
III. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms(用括号中所给单词的适当形式完成下列句子,每空格限填一词)(共10分)
57. According to the local news, there used to be at least three in the old town.(church)
58. Next week my family will hold a party for my mother's birthday in our new flat.( forty)
59. It is clear that your schoolbag is heavier than .(I)
60. Take the three times a day, you will be betler.(medical)
61. The man can tell us the location of the newly-built theatre .(clear)
62. The medicine is known to side effects on children.(product)
63. The view from the top of the mountain will lake your away.( breathe)
64. The Red Cross cares for the people who suffer because of war, hunger, illness, disaster
65. How can you such a long text? (explanation)
66. Besides food and water, a special medical is provided by the Red Cross.( serve)
IV. Complete the following sentences as required(根据所给要求,完成下列句子,每空格限填一词)(共14分)
67. Scientists know something about the lives of dolphins. (改为一般疑问句)
scientists know about the lives of dolphins?
68. The plane will arrive at the airport in two hours.(对划线部分提问)
will the plane arrive at the airport?
69. The elephant is so powerful that it can pull down the tree in a moment.(保持句意基本不变)
The elephant is to pull down the tree in a moment.
70. I left the hotel with my luggage after the rain stopped.(保持句意基本不变)
I leave the hotel with my luggage the rain stopped.
71. Miss White said, "I often fly to Japan for meetings."(改为宾语从句)
Miss White said that often to Japan for meetings.
72. Siri hardly knows anything about electricity before she goes to school.(改为反义疑问句)
Siri hardly knows anything about electricity before she goes to school, ?
73. is, it, good, more, our, health, for, to eat, fruit (连词、词组成句)
Part3 Reading and Writing(第三部分读写)(共50分)
V. Reading comprehension(阅读理解)
A. Choose the best answer(根据短文内容,选择最恰当的答案)(共12分)
Below are several posters about community matters for people:
Improve your health
Relax your body and mind
Classes open to Beginners
The art of Qigong started in
China, thousands of years ago.
£ 10 per class
Saturday &Sunday afternoons
at Harbor House
A fun place to learn
how to use watercolors!
For adults only
£ 8 per class
If you are 50 or over,
Women-only English classes
We hold weekly-English
classes for new comers
from other countries!
Friendly and relaxed,
all our classes are free!
Drop-In Social Club
at Cornerstone Community Center
Tuesdays 7:00pm-9:15pm in the cafe(top floor)
Fridays 3:00pm-5:00pm in the Green Room Provides a warm welcome and safe place to
meet new people
practise and get help with speaking English
do drawing and sports activities
Children are welcome to come with parents!
The Community Sings!
Weekly drop-in singing class
starts here Tues, 23rd Jan-Weds, 27th March
£ 6 per class
Learn about breathing and vocal(声音的)skills
Enjoy singing folk music and traditional songs in a friendly environment.
Beginners are also welcome!
74. Which of the following says that parents could take their children along?
A. Qigong B. Watercolor C. Drop -In Social Club D. The Community Sings
75. If an officer worker needs to improve his health at weekends, he should call .
A.7564349 B. 8743236 C. 9652313 D. 8908809
76. Who fits WEA best?
A. One who enjoys working with others and making new friends.
B. One who has a strong wish to be an English teacher in the future.
C. One who has recently arrived and hopes to improve her English.
D. One who is good at his spoken English and tries to help others.
77. What can a beginner learn in The Commuminy Sings?
A. How to take a deep breath. B. How to protect the environment.
C. How to write a song. D. How to improve singing skills.
78. Which of the following statements is NOT TRUE according to the passage?
A. You can make new friends and have sports activities at Drop-In Social Club.
B. It's free for adults to learn how to use watercolors at Harbor House.
C. The art of Qigong came from China and has a long history.
D. If you like folk music and traditional, you can choose The Community Sings
79. These posters can be found probably on a notice board in a .
A. school B. company C. neighborhood D. museum
B. Choose the best words and complete the passage(选择最恰当的单词完成短文)(共14分)
It was my first day at school. I felt 80 and scared. I went to all my classes with no friends. It felt like no one cared.
I listened carefully to all the lessons and waited for lunch break at one. Then finally the bell rang. It was time to talk and have 81 .
In the lunch line, I met a new friend who wore a hijab(穆斯林女性戴的面纱)on her head, and 82 I am Jewish (犹太人), we got along well, and I was so happy when she said,"Sit with us, at our table " She pointed to the one next to the door.
So I agreed, and took my tray(托盘) and was about to walk with her across the floor, when 83 I heard "Hey, I saw you on the bus," said a tall girl in a long skirt "I see your Jewish star necklace. You should sit with us."
At that moment I 84 , and, to my surprise, I found it was like the nations of the world:the Spanish only sat with the Spanish, the Hindus only with the Hindus, the Russians always with the Russians, and 85 the Arabs with the Jews.
I saw the reason why war gets started. Everyone sticks to their own kind. The lunchroom was a map of the world. Why was everyone so blind?(盲目)
And so I turned down this girl, and went with the first, and these was no enmity (敌意).I 86 a bridge between two world when I sat with those different from me.
80. A. excited B. nervous C. happy D. good
81. A. fun B. rest C. supper D. sport,
82. A. although B. since C. as D. because
83. A. suddenly B. politely C. quietly D. angrily
84. A. looked for B. looked up C. looked around D. looked at
85. A. once B. sometimes C. always D. never
86. A. walked B. went C. built D. broke
C. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words(在短文的空格内填入适当的词,使其内容通顺,每空格限填一词,首字母已给)(共14分)
"What is the meaning of life?"" Have you ever asked yourself this question?
A dog really did . And that dog plays the leading role in the movie A Dog’s Purpose. The film was released in Chinese mainland cinemas on March 3. It is about a dog's several lives through reincarnation(再生) And he keeps looking for meaning in e 87 of those lives.
The dog is named Bailey. He appears as a boy's red retriever (猎犬), a lonely policeman's German shepherd (德国牧羊犬) and a student's Corgi(柯基犬). Then he meets with his first owner again and gives the story a h 88 ending.
The movie s 89 the unbreakable connection between people and pets. It is heartwarming and soul-shattering(直击灵魂的), New York Daily News noted. There are many scene(场景) that touch the audience. For example, when Bailey lived as a police dog. he managed to save a victim(受害者)and he was shot in order to save his owner's life. The movie reminds people to give love to a p 90 .
Interestingly, the story was told from the dog's view, which makes the film q 91 amusing. US actor Josh Gad,36, who was the voice of the snowman in Frozen(《冰雪奇缘》) gave the dog a delightful (欢快的)voice. Just imagine Bailey seeing the school bus as"a big yellow
b 92 with wheels."
The dog always looks for life's meaning. Did he really find it? Well, he did. He understood that life's point is not to look for a point—just to"be here now". This wise answer surely gives people s 93 to think about.
D. Answer the questions(根据短文内容回答下列问题)(共10分)
When a new cell phone starts to be sold in stores. many people rush out to buy one. We all want the newest, latest thing. But what should we do with our old cell phones?
Mike Townsend works at Total Recall,a cell phone recycling company. " Don't throw your old phone away. Send it to us and we will recycle it, " he says. "If you throw it away, it goes with other rubbish to become landfill(垃圾填埋地). In other words, it is put in a big hole in the ground—and it becomes a big pollution problem."
Cell phones contain some toxic(有毒的) materials, like lead(铅), mercury(水银) and cadmium(镉). If your phone goes to a landfill, these toxic materials can get out and get into the water under the ground.That's the water we need to drink or water that goes into rivers or the ocean. Millions of cell phones are thrown away every year. That's a lot of landfill and a lot of toxic materials.
"At Total Recall, we take the old phones apart. Most of the materials in a cell phone can be recycled and used again,"explains Mike." We sell the parts and they are used to make new products. For example, phone batteries contain nickel(镍)and cadmium. The nickel is used to make steel,and the cadmium can be used to make new batteries. The plastic cases of the phones are made into plastic fence posts(塑料围栏).
Mike says recycling your old phone is easy. "You can usually just take it into a cell phone recycling shop and they'll send it to us."
So, before you throw that old cell phone away, use it one last time search for a recycler near you and give him a call.
Where does Mike Townsend work?
Why should people recycle their old phones?
What happens to the river when the toxic materials get into it?
How can you recycle your old cell phones according to the passage?
Do you think recycling cell phones is a good idea? Why or why not?
最近上海投放了大量共享单车( bike-sharing),如摩拜单车( Mobike),OfO共享代步工具很受大家欢迎。请就自己或家人朋友,周边的人使用共享单车的情况以"My view on bike-sharing"为题写一篇至少60个字的短文谈谈你对城市共享单车的看法。
Use the following as a reference(以下内容供参考)
What's your view on bike-sharing?
Are there any advantages of "bike-sharing"? What are they?
Please give one or two suggestions to your friends if they use bike-sharing.
Choose the best answer
26-30: BCADB 31-35: DABAC 36-40: CDABD
41-45: DDAAC 46-50: DDCAA
Complete the following passage with the words in the box.
51-56: BFA DCG
IlI. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms
churches 58. fortieth 59. mine 60. medicine 61. clearly
produce 63. breath 64. natural 65.explain 66. service
IV. Rewrite the following sentences as required
67. Do ; anything 68. How soon 69. powerful enough 70. didn’t ; until
71. she ; flew 72. does she 73. It is good for our health to eat more fruit.
74-79: CACDBC 80-86: BAAACDC
each 88. happy 89. shows 90. pet 91. quite 92.box 93.something
He works at Total Recall,a cell phone recycling company.
Because it will become a big pollution problem.
The toxic materials can get into the water under the ground that goes into rivers.
I can usually just take it into a cell phone recycling shop.
Yes, it is. Because it can protect our environment.
My view on bike-sharing
The shared bikes like Mobike and Ofo bring great convenience to people. You can lock them by simply using your smart phone. They can take you where the subway and bus can’t go. And they can be left anywhere in public for the next user. However, bad things happen. Some people damage the QR code on the bike, or use their own lock, which causes trouble to other users.
In my opinion, it's difficult to turn these people's ideas in a short time. Therefore, we should strengthen our public awareness.Lock the shared bikes in time after using it and don’t drive far away. In the end, what I want to say is to take good care of public services.
上一篇: 2018学年上海市实验学校西校六年级（下）第二次月考数学测试卷 下一篇: 2018年上海小升初考试英语综合练习题七